Monday, February 23, 2009

Photo is like a woman...

After reviewing the last photo I posted some more, I see that too many compromises have been made with it. I have to admit that I was in a hurry to post that one (don't know why).
  1. Firstly, I should have played a little more with the 'highlights' setting in Camera RAW, because I still notice that the left side of my face is burning too much.
  2. All I did with the faces was enhancing the eyes, I did not mingle with the rest, which I clearly should have done. My girlfriend already complained that I did not remove a little dot from her forehead :)
  3. I planned to edit the background in Photoshop, but I wasn't able to make a proper selection, and do a uniform background (Rada's hair gave me so much trouble). My friend Cveja did an excellent job with a photo of me, so I would have to go and pick up a few tips from him regarding that issue.
And I promise that in the future I will not rush the retouching, cause as said I said it the title:
Photograph is like a woman...you have to dedicate time to it and you can not rush it, if you wont to do things right. Maybe some of you guys have different tactics with women, but this one worked for me so I'll stick to it.

Those were some of my observations and if you have any, feel free to express them (not just regarding the photos, but anything that pops on your mind)
Until next time, I wish you all the best, and to my fellow photographers I wish clear lenses and sensors :)

No comments:

Post a Comment